By Natasha Browne
Top 7 tips to organise your morning with kids
- The night before, get out the cereal and place in bowls with lids to keep fresh. Along side add spoons ready for the morning breakfast meals. This way the kids can help theirselves and not leave a mess of cereal boxes and crumbs on the benches for you to clean up. I use the everyday Tupperware range, allocating each child their favourite colour
- Make school lunches the night before and place in the fridge ready to just grab in the morning. You will be relived you did this, before all the morning chaos. This also allows you to time to put a cute little note of love for each child in their lunch boxes.
- Get your children to set out their school clothes at the end of their beds the night before. Socks, underwear and all, that way they can just get up and into them straight away. Even if they are still half asleep.
- Set your alarm 15min earlier. You will be amazed at how just starting a little earlier will help you keep on time and allows that extra few minutes for the unplanned situations that always seem to arise when getting kids ready for school.. I know tantrums and moods of your children can greatly effect the smooth running of the morning journey.
- Make your bed, and open your curtains. I know this is a small thing but it helps create order in your bedroom and makes it feel less cluttered and chaotic. Encourge your children to get into the habit of doing this also. This really sets up the flow for the day.
- Wake your children up, make sure they are up and getting ready so that you can focus on getting lunches out of the fridge and packing their bags.
- Set the oven timer for 15minutes before you have to leave to the school run. Let everyone know that by this the alarm goes off, they have to be onto their teeth and shoes. This creates a fun game for them to be involved in, and makes getting ready for school fun. These are the last things you do before you walk out the door in the morning.
Enjoy your day as it has gotten off to a wonderful start.
If you want to know more please email